This 14 page interactive adapted book describes a holiday with a short passage and asks "What day is it?" Students can imagine they are experiencing that holiday and then choose the correct holiday from a field of three cards with both words and a picture.
• People sing me a song and then I blow out candles on a cake. I get to open presents. What day is it? [It is my birthday.]
• It is November. I say what I am thankful for. I eat food like turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans. What day is it? [It is Thanksgiving.]
Also includes 5 worksheets to add a writing component to the book.
1) Circle the picture
2) Circle the words
3) Answer the question - independently
4) Answer the question - tracing
5) Trace the word by itself
• Valentine's Day
• St. Patrick's Day
• Mother's Day
• Father's Day
• 4th of July
• First day of school
• Veteran's Day
• New Year's Eve
Includes directions for creating the book, set up, instruction and modifications. While designed for students with autism in mind, this book can be used in any special education or early childhood classroom.
Please check out the preview - it contains the entire book so you can determine whether it is appropriate for your students.
Some other adapted books you will love
• Abraham Lincoln Adapted Book
• Groundhog Day Adapted Book
• Where is the Monster? Adapted Book of Prepositions
• What Will I Look Like? Making Inferences Adapted Book
Thanks for stopping by!