Also included in
- Engage your students in the ultimate Holidays Around the World Activity with these super engaging, high-interest math and literacy activities!This Holidays Around the World Bundle Includes:Holidays Around the World Literacy Activities & Paired TextsHolidays Around the World Math Budgeting Math PPrice $9.99Original Price $12.97Save $2.98
Your students will absolutely LOVE this Holidays Around the World Paired Text Resource! I have taken great care to include a diverse set of holidays that pair well together and give your students a glimpse into celebrations around the globe.
Students will embark on a journey around the globe by way of pen pals! As the pen pals write to each other detailing their celebrations, students learn about the beautiful traditions and holidays celebrated around the world in an incredibly fun and engaging way.
- Holidays Celebrations in Iceland and Germany
- Hanukkah (Israel) and Christmas (United States)
- Ethiopia Celebrations and Kwanzaa
- Japan and Chinese New Year
- St. Nicholas Day (Sinterklaas in the Netherlands) and Sweden/St.Lucia Day
- Diwali (India) and Ramadan (Indonesia)
- France (Three Kings Day) and Las Posadas (Mexico)
*A note on pairings: I have paired these celebrations together for their ability to be compared and contrasted. However, I have offered full-page versions so that you can pick and choose which holidays you'd like to teach.
Each Holiday Text Includes:
- A thoughtful pen pal letter describing traditions and the celebration
- Several Sidebar Informational Text Features to help students learn more about the celebration
- Pictures and Images
- One-page activity for each set of paired texts
- Four pages of note-keeping guides for ANY text
- Double-sided brochure to be used with ANY combination of texts
- Stamp Keeper for tracking each pen pal letter received
- Discussion Questions for each pairing
Text Formats Include:
- A single-page version of each location (14 total)
- Paired Text Version (Two to a page)
- Individual Booklets (Print double-sided, Includes map and discussion questions)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that I have included a wide variety of HOLIDAYS around the world (not just Christmas Around the World celebrations). Some include mention of religious observances and other beliefs, but are strictly fact-based and do not promote one religion. You can pick and choose which pairs or individual texts you'd like to use.
Digital Version: A digital, Google Slides, version is included! This version is horizontal, full-color, and includes movable and interactive components! The text on the Digital Version is editable and interactive for accessibility purposes.
Grade Levels: I designed this resource to be used with the upper grades. It is well-suited for individual work for grades 4+ and whole or small group work in grades 3+.
Printing and Prep: While these are lovely in color, they also print wonderfully in black and white. SUPER low-prep. Just print, fold, and go!
This resource pairs perfectly with my Holidays Around the World Math Budgeting Project! Each of the locations they visit during the math trip is featured here so that they can learn more about the celebrations!
Looking for even more holiday resources to keep your students engaged & learning this season? I’ve got you covered!
© Teaching with a Mountain View
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.