PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is such a great time of year to study how and why people celebrate various traditions in their cultures around the world! Your students will definitely be drawn
into learning about the how's and why's of Hanukkah, Diwali, and Kwanzaa! A great
way to teach social studies, and, at the same time, cover nonfiction reading skills!
This jam-packed product contains the following:
- An original nonfiction illustrated text for each of the three celebrations--Diwali,
Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah
- Colorful anchor charts to help you explain vocabulary words or concepts
- Illustrated vocabulary strips for each celebration
- A variety of vocabulary activities for introducing new words to your students!
(hidden word searches, letter shapes, riddles, crossword puzzles...)
- A Venn diagram for comparing holiday traditions in the countries
- Written response comprehension questions for each nonfiction text that correlate
- Two super fun craftivities for each celebration
- Maps skill activities for each country profiled! Complete with questions and
- Beautiful high quality photographs of people and celebrations
- Directions for dreidel game and charts to remind students of what the Hebrew
letters on the dreidel tell students to do during the game!
Give your students a great holiday gift, one that they can carry throughout their
lifetimes--a clear understanding of the cultures and celebrations that take place
throughout the world during the holidays! Your kids will thank you for it!