These "holidays around the world" reading and writing activities teach 1st or 2nd grade students how Christmas and other holidays are celebrated around the world!
The reading and writing materials in this 34-page pack will help students learn about different Christmas traditions, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and a few other holidays.
The pack includes the following:
- An original nonfiction readaloud book that can be printed and read aloud by you, printed and given to your students to read, or projected on the board for reading as a class
- 5 different writing assignments that students can complete
- 2 printable student books for guided reading (same topic; 2 different difficulty levels)
- 1 extra reading passage and comprehension questions about other holidays around the world
- 2 word puzzle activities (secret message and word scramble)
- A list of online resources that students can explore to learn more about holidays throughout the world
Although much of the material focuses on Christmas, religious topics are not directly addressed. The books emphasize that people from different countries, religions, and families celebrate holidays differently, and that some people do not celebrate holidays at all.
Please view the preview before you purchase!
By: Learning At The Primary Pond with Ms. Lilypad