These "holidays around the world" reading and writing activities teach K-2 students how Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and other holidays are celebrated around the world!
And best of all, these materials are NO PREP (other than readers that you can optionally cut in half and staple together to assemble). Read-aloud texts and web links are included, which means you won't have to search for accompanying books or materials. This pack will save you tons of time during the busy holiday season!
The pack includes the following:
- A suggested plan and pacing for using the materials
- A list of free online resources (videos, etc.)
- A pre-unit drawing and writing activity
- Two original read-aloud texts (print them or display them on an interactive board)
- Map activities
- Drawing and writing response activities
- Printable leveled student readers (great for K-1)
- Reading passage and comprehension questions (great for 2nd)
- Find, label, & color activity
- 2 word puzzle activities (secret message and word scramble)
- End of unit writing activity
Although some of the materials focus on Christmas, religious topics are not addressed. The books emphasize that people from different countries, religions, and families celebrate holidays differently, and that some people do not celebrate holidays at all.
Please view the preview before you purchase!