Holidays Around the World Reading Passages | November | December | Comprehension
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes all of my holiday themed reading passages, which is a total of 88 "I am a Reader" passages. These reading passages and activities are written for early readers, who are developing their reading abilities. Each passage comes with: word work activities, comprehension questions, anPrice $20.40Original Price $25.50Save $5.10
This pack includes 18 Holidays Around the World themed decodable reading passages. These decodable passages and activities are written for early readers, who are developing their reading abilities. Each passage comes with: word work activities, comprehension questions, and statements to encourage and celebrate the work of the reader!
The Holidays Around the World themed reading passages focus on basic concepts about each holiday, such as traditional activities and meals. Since the goal is for students to decode the words and read the passages on their own, the sentences are simple, but provide a little bit of information about each holiday. These pair great with a read aloud, or other resources, about each holiday from around the world.
Most of the chosen holidays happen during November-February. The dates of some of the holidays fluctuate, but I wanted to include a variety of holidays, from around the world!
As a result, these reading passages are perfect to use throughout the school year, during November, December, January, February, and April, to learn about each holiday around the world.
What holidays are included?
- Santa Lucia
- Las Posadas
- New Year's Eve
- Chinese New Year
Do you want more Christmas themed passages?
*I also have pack with 10 Christmas themed stories, which you can grab here.
- There are 2 passages for each of the holidays from around the world, listed above.
- Each decodable reading passage comes with word work and comprehension questions.
- 18 passages total
What is the purpose of these passages?
I am a Reader! Passages and Activities are intended to build confidence in early and emergent readers. Students will not only enjoy reading the stories and completing the activities, but also will take pride in their abilities as growing readers! They will also work on developing their comprehension skills when responding to the written questions.
Who are these passages for?
The passages are written for an early reader or emergent reader. The passages and activities work well with Kindergartners. If you have struggling readers in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade, these will work for them as well.
How are these resources used?
This pack is all b&w and ready for you to print and use with your readers!
Once you make copies for your students, you can complete these together in a small group, whole group, or send home for homework.
Students will follow these steps for each reading passage:
- Read the focus words at the top of each page (high frequency words and some challenging words)- this can be done with your help.
- Read the story, applying their decoding skills as they read through the passage.
- Answer the comprehension questions.
- Go back to the text and highlight the focus words, to practice reading them one more time.
I hope your readers love these themed reading passages!
Looking for more printable I am a Reader Passages?
Check out all my other packs here!
Check out the holiday themed reading passages packs here:
Check out the seasonal themed reading passages packs here:
Check out my DIGITAL format for all the seasons here!
Check out my DIGITAL format for all the holidays here!