Tons of Christmas and holiday activities and printables are included in this pack! These activities meet Common Core Standards for first grade, but many would also be appropriate for K or second grade. I'm not sure about you, but I get pretty tired of laminating my life away. NO PREP is required except printing and copying! :)
• Christmas/Hanukkah Venn Diagram
• The Best Gift at Christmas Poem – Have students draw a picture of their families. This is a great gift for the holidays!
• The Best Gift at Christmas Poem – Writing Lines for students to write about their families.
• Questions for Santa – Practice writing questions
• Would You Want to Be an Elf? Students respond with yes or no and provide reasons!
• Holiday Traditions Pre-writing/Writing Paper – Students write about family holiday traditions.
• Response to Literature: The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever by Steven Kroll. Students write about what they would do if they had the biggest Christmas tree ever. What would it look like? Where would it go? etc.
• My Christmas Tree – Students draw a Christmas tree and describe it using adjectives.
• Santa’s New Reindeer – Students invent a new reindeer, draw it, and describe it using adjectives.
• Elf Fun for a Classroom Elf: Meet our Elf, Elf Log: Have your students draw and write about where the elf hides each day!
• How to Decorate a Christmas Tree – Students complete how-to writing by using first, next, then, last to describe the steps in decorating a Christmas tree.
• Holiday Acrostic Poem – Students write words or sentences for each letter of “holiday.”
• Blank letter (can be used for anyone), letter to Santa
• Common Noun/Proper Noun Sort – Practice this tricky CCSS that is new for first grade! Sort holiday nouns as common or proper, then write sentences using some nouns.
• Sentence Fix-Up – Correct sentences with mistakes and write them correctly.
• Holiday ABC Order to the 2nd letter - cut, order, write in ABC order.
• Ho Ho Holiday Handwriting (2 pages) – Students will enjoy practicing handwriting by tracing and writing holiday words!
If you like this product, please check out my "Gingerbread Writing Activities" and "Polar Express Writing & Literacy" for more holiday fun!
Please rate this product for credit on future TpT purchases. Thank you!!