This is a game designed as a review for standards in probability and patterns.
The game is designed so that students can play independently and with little setup. Everything needed for play is included in the file. Print question cards two-sided so that the answer to the question, along with how many spaces the student can move, are printed on the back of the question. Students can play and check their answers as they go. No more dice rolling off the table or being thrown in the air!
The file includes the board, student directions, six printable playing pieces, and 54 double-sided playing cards. Cards focus on the following skills:
- Probability of an event outcome
- Probability using the terms: impossible, unlikely, equally likely, likely, and certain
- Probability with dice, spinners, and realia
- Growing and repeating patterns using numbers and pictures
- Patterns with addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Patterns in a table
This is a review game designed to meet the following SOLs:
3.18 The student will investigate and describe the concept of probability as chance and list possible results of a given situation.
3.19 The student will recognize and describe a variety of patterns formed using numbers, tables, and pictures, and extend the patterns, using the same or different forms.