In this packet are 9 Holocaust poems that cover 18 poetry terms and 6 forms. Below are the poems, terms, and forms used.
1. First They Came for the Jews by Pastor Niemoller--repetition
2. Hitler's First Photograph by Wislawa Szymborska--free verse, onomatopoeia, alliteration
3. To The Little Polish Boy Standing With His Arms Up by Peter L. Fischl--rhyme scheme, lyric, meter
4. Frozen Jews by Avrom Sutzkever--metaphor, imagery, figurative language, personification, simile
5. We Will Never Forget-Auschwitz by Alexander Kimel--irony, rhythm, allusion, symbolism, narrative
6. The Creed of a Holocaust Survivor by Alexander Kimel--diction, aphorism, idiom
7, Aftermath by Evelyn Roman--concrete
8. The Butterfly by Pavel Friedmann--hyperbole, dramatic
9. The Shortest Epic by Tajudeen Shah--epic
This packet will be perfect to use with any novel over the Holocaust.