This exhaustive unit contains EVERYTHING you need to teach the Holocaust while integrating reading, research, and writing! Reframe the way you teach the Holocaust in English and/or Social Studies while creating advanced readers, thinkers, speakers, and listeners! The design of the unit could be used in one subject or taught across the curriculum in both a reading or literature course and history or social studies. The materials and lesson plans are a fit for any level of students in grades 7-12. While the product includes a list of suggested texts to use alongside the unit, any Holocaust novels, biographies, or autobiographies can be used with the unit.
This E D I T A B L E product includes the following in PDF, Word, and Pages formats:
- Unit Plan Sample with essential questions, objectives, and day-to-day lessons
- 10+ page Student Research Guide (including information and instructions for teaching & completing independent research using the Internet and/or databases)
- 10+ page Student Reading Guide (set up for literature circles/book clubs, but could easily be modified for independent reading and whole-class discussion)
- 10+ page Student Writing Guide (includes common essay language, parenthetical reference, and MLA Formatting & Works Cited guide)
- Suggested Text List (includes over 20 suggested Holocaust texts for use)
- Supplemental Materials (includes additional resource suggestions, primary sources, and other options for introducing and supporting student learning)
- Research Check-In Student Grade Chart
- Research Essay Rubric (for student guidance & teacher use)
- My personal fonts (KC Fitzgerald & KC Carroll) needed to view the editable, non-PDF versions of each document.
I hope you enjoy using the fun fonts along with the unit! You can find additional fonts from the KC Literary Bundle here.
For more great resources, make sure you visit my store: Mrs. Conrad Loves Commas and check out resources like the following:
- Seasonal and Holiday-Themed Sonnet-Writing Template Bundle
- Book Clubs / Literature Circles on Character (EDITABLE)
- Parts of Speech & Sentence Structure Escape Room
- Bookmatch Reading Activity & Lesson
To receive credits toward future TPT purchases, make sure you leave a COMMENT on my product(s) after purchase.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! I'd love to hear from you!
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @mrsconradlovescommas
Please FOLLOW ME to receive updates when new products are added! :)