Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Holocaust World War II Activity Bundle covers the Night Auschwitz Schindler’s List and more. A great way to introduce the Holocaust. You will have access to my Google Drive Link, and all the videos will be included for PPT’s/Keynotes.
Here is what is included:
- Chapter Preview
- Intro Holocaust PPT/ Keynote
- Night Book Guide
- Night Quizzes
- Night Journal
- Night Test
- Night PPT
- Boy in Striped Pajamas ( 7 Day unit)
- Schindler's List Background
- Schindler's List Video Guide
- Schindler's List Discussion Sheet
- The White Rose
- WWII from Space
- Bonus Videos
- Auschwitz Guard Story
- Who is Responsible for the Holocaust
- Grading the War
- WWII Interactive PPT
- Crash Course WWII
- Paragraph prompts for World History
- Additional Holocaust Notes
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 22 years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
If you are interested inTHE SECOND SEMESTER OF WORLD HISTORY this includes everything and more.
- 1. Chapter Preview Sheets: I do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. I have included 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet.
- 1b. Holocaust Intro / Night Intro
Another option in introducing the Holocaust. This is a quick 4 slide PPT/KEYNOTE that will introduce the unit and lay the foundation for what will happen the next 2 weeks. I use it every year.
- 2. Night Bundle
A. Intro PPT.The PPT is short with only 7 slides. It does a good job of introducing the book. It is also a good day to pass out the book and questions.
B. Reading Guide This is a reading guide that I have for the students as they read through the book Night. Typically I read the first 10-15 pages with the students. This guide is easy to use and easy to grade as well.
C. 4 mini Night Quizzes These are short quizzes to keep the students accountable for what is going on in the book. There are 4 of them around 10-11 questions in length.
D. Journal 5 journal questions to go along with the book. Have the students do one or all 5. Great way to start class and mix it up.
E. Test Following the reading of the book I give the students a test on what they have read. I let the students use a 3x5 note card on the test to make it a little bit easier.
- 3. Boy in Striped Pajamas: Please see the link below to see all that is included in this 7-day unit.
- 4. Schindler's List Video Guide / Discussion Questions In this folder you will receive a background information sheet on Schindler and his family, a 20 question guide to the movie, and a copy of the White Rose. I have also added 33 discussion questions. Please see the link below for a more detailed description.
- 5. World War II from Space: video notes with Key. This will take 2 complete days to finish. I have included the masters to photocopy and a key.
- 6. Bonus Videos These are 3 videos that are absolutely fantastic to show in class.
- 7. Auschwitz Guard Story This is the story of a guard that is really good.
- 8. Who is Responsible for the War? This allows the students to really think about who committed the worst crimes and how they should be punished.
- 9. Grading the War: This is a great way for students to converse about they think went well and what they think did not go well. I like to get students in groups of 3 for this activity.
- 10. WWII Interactive PPT: This is a PPT map that shows the transition of all the military as the Axis Powers and Allied Powers try and destroy each other.
- 11. Crash Course- A great guide to go with the Crash Course episode. It is a 6-page handout that really does help the students stay accountable while watching it.
Here is what is included in this 6 page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
- 12. Paragraph Prompts – These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
- 13. Additional Notes - These are some additional notes that might be helpful in teaching the Holocaust.
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog