*UPDATED!* Whether you're housing an incubator in your classroom for a couple weeks, learning about animal life cycles, or just chatting about chickens, this is the perfect pack for you!
* pack introduction & brief activity explanation
* "All About Chickens" - writing craftivity (3 writing options available)
* "Chicken Challenge" - digraph worksheet
* "Hooray for Hens!" - after learning about chickens as a class, students can record what they’ve learned with this “hens can/have/are” worksheet (2 options available)
* "Label Miss Hen" - students label the basic parts of a hen (answer key included)
* "CRACK the Code" - students complete a basic word search and work to solve an added “mystery phrase” challenge (answer key included)
* "Chicken Life Cycle" - students cut out chicken lifecycle pictures and paste them in the correct order
* "The Tale of Chicken ____" - similar to “Chicken Little,” students create a name for the main character of this mini book and write about the “life story” of a chicken (2 options available)
* "Would You Like a Pet Chicken?" - anchor chart heading and picture graph images needed for building a class graph are included. After surveying the class and graphing the results, students complete their own graph and analyze the data
I hope you enjoy this crack-a-lackin' package!! :)
Check out how I used this pack in my own classroom:
Fun With Firsties: CHICKENS!