This product builds vocabulary by working on a wide range of receptive and expressive activities. It is very versatile and can grow with your students. It focuses on categorization skills, associations, functions, similarities and differences, and describing with this group of activities.
This product contains 4 file folder activities
1. Furniture vs. Appliances Sort
2. Tools vs. Cleaning Equipment Sort
3. Where in the house? Sort
4. Home associations
It also contains task cards where the children would identify what object out of a group of four does not belong.
A matching game of "Name the Group" where the children identify the category of a group of objects. These are essentially receptive language activities although you can add an expressive language component to the “Food Associations,” "Name the Group" and “Food What Does Not Belong.”
Pick the file folder game that best matches the goal that the child is working. Provide the corresponding squares and ask the children to put the squares in the correct spot
This product also includes a board game (includes printer friendly options) that can expressively works on
2. Describing what the household object is made of
3. Naming 3 in a category
4. Describing a household object
5. Talk about where you find different objects in a home
6. Name what does not belong in a group
7. Name how you use different objects
8. Talk about the parts of an object
9. Talk about similarities and differences
10. Talk about everything you know about a specific item
Each skill has two sets of cards. One has a visual of the food/equipment and the other set of cards does not have a picture. Exception: "Name three" only one set of cards without pictures.
There are multiple ways to play “Home Race.”
1. Corresponding colours: different skills have been colour coded (2 skills/colour). Roll the dice. The child then answers questions that correspond to colour where they landed.
2. Pick a skill. Roll the dice and answer the questions related to that skill.
3. Use the semantic dice. Roll both the numbered dice and the semantic dice. Move the number on the dice (from 1-3) and answer questions based on the what skill is up.
Thanks for viewing this product. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.