Looking to try something innovating and new for homework? Home challenges are a way for students to practice life skills that foster social and emotional growth. The challenges focus on interacting with others and nature, and spreading kindness. Use #homechallenges to share challenges your students have completed!
Challenges can be completed with parents, siblings, friends, and independently. They are meant to be quick challenges that are valuable and that students and parents do not need to spend hours stressing about each night. This file contains everything you need to finally revamp or replace your traditional homework policy and to implement home challenges in your classroom.
Included in this file:
- Implementation guide
- Parent letter
- 27 Home Challenges with student pages
- Bonus challenge on each page
- Blank, editable template to create your own Home Challenge
- Student challenge tracker pages
- Teacher challenge tracker pages
- Awards (3 types)
Some of the challenges are:
- Follow a recipe and cook or bake with a family member
- Go on a nature walk
- Write a letter to the mayor
- Read to a sibling
- Write a grocery list with a family member
- Read to a shelter pet
+ 20 more WITH bonus challenges to extend each one!
Click the green star to follow my shop!