Our most popular pack has been adapted for parental teaching in the home, or personal tutors, or even distance learning. So jump on board, don your pirate’s hat and prepare for a life at sea with our Adventure Genre Writing pack!
It contains everything from engaging and interactive activities to captivating content to inspire children to explore their literacy skills and develop their own, unique writing style.
The resource consists of a range of Word, Excel and SMART Notebook files which are complete and ready to teach. Slides, extracts, activity sheets and parent/tutor prompts are provided. No other texts or resources are needed!
1. Pack theme deconstructed through four dynamic phases
2. Big Question – a problem involving deeper thinking around the topic
3. Exciting, original resources which Increase familiarity with narrative style
4. Engaging activities which develop inquiry, discussion, debate, research as well as literacy skills
5. A range of written exercises structured around the theme which focus on improving sentence construction, use of punctuation and a variety of literary techniques
6. An expansive writing task linked to an original, engaging stimulus
7. Range of independent activities
8. Scaffold writing sheets to ensure all pupils access all the content
9. Coverage of many of the English National Curriculum objectives
10. A scorecard which incentivises pupils
11. A range of performance suggestions for celebrating good work
12. Suggestions for spelling, punctuation and grammar activities to complement each lesson
13. Summary and planning files