This visual communication log allows your early learners to review their school day with their family and their day at home with their teachers and friends at school.
Even children with limited expressive language can complete this log by simply circling the applicable information!
- STORY: A story is included to help teach students why talking about their day at school is important. Parents and teachers can read this story each day before asking the child to complete their “My Day at School” Communication Log
- MY DAY AT SCHOOL LOG: This communication log is completed at school by the student. It has visual choices so the student simply needs to circle the applicable answers. This will help your student build independence!
- MY DAY AT HOME LOG: This is a Communication Log is completed at home by the student. It can be completed daily or weekly - whatever works for your student! It is nice to know what is happening in the child’s life outside of school. Perhaps they had a terrible sleep or had an exciting visitor. These factors will impact their behavior and mood the next day. This Communication Log is also a perfect tool to use in replacement, or as a supplement, to journal time for young students who may not be able to write about their weekend.
- SCHOOL DAY IN REVIEW: This is a quick and easy to use Communication Log to be completed by teachers at school. Teachers simply circle the applicable information. There is space for comments, as well as a room for an appropriate question that parents can ask their child at home (e.g. If there was an assembly, the question could be, “Who came to our school today?”).
- HOME DAY IN REVIEW: This is a quick and easy to use Communication Log to be completed by parents at home. Parents simply circle the applicable information. There is space for comments, as well as a room for an appropriate question that teachers can ask their students at school (e.g. If they went to the park, the question could be, “Who did you go to the park with?”).
Home-School Communication is important for the parent, student, and teacher. The extent of two way communication between home and school affects the extent and quality of parents' home involvement with their children's learning1.
You can create a laminated, two-sided copy to send between home and school or slip into a page protector. Simply use a wet-erase marker and you can reuse the form!
There are 2 versions included: female and male.
If you have questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have
FOLLOW MY TPT STORE: Click "Follow Me" on my Store Page. I send alerts with sales and any new freebies that have been posted!
FOLLW ME ON INSTAGRAM for product demos, play therapy ideas and all things speech related.
CHECK OUT Anna Dee SLP on FACEBOOK for articles and my favourite online resources.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER to be the first to get Subscriber Only Freebies, learn Play-Based Therapy tips and tricks, and stay informed about new products and promotions!