This is a complete lesson plan on homeostasis and adaptations.
It includes the following:
- one page reading on homeostasis and adaptations
- set of 12 pictures (included as powerpoint, full page pdf, half page pdf) of 2 different organisms of differing difficulting that showcase typical adaptations
- chart to complete with the pictures outlining the features and how they help that organism survive
- summary questions
- suggestions for use and modifications.
Adaptations are a topic covered in NYS in grades 4-8. The term homeostasis is generally used at the upper end of this grade level. This activity can be adapted to various grade levels when students are studying typical animal and plant adaptations, life functions, and body plans.
This is a fun activity for students to use in review, or as they work
through the unit.
**All pictures, graphics, and artwork in my lessons are either purchased legally for use or are created by Science in the City**
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
This works well with these products:
Circulatory System Pack
Types of Reproduction Unit Pack
Skeletal and Muscular System Pack
Also available as part of Buy my Store Biology
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Also, follow me
and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
★★★ Not a seller yet? Follow this Link
and then leave me a note in my Q&A. I’m glad to help you with tips and strategies that will reduce the TpT learning curve and help you off to a great start!
Science in the City Blog | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook