This power pack (a 33% discount over buying a la carte) includes everything you need to study Homer’s The Odyssey, beginning with background on the Greek Gods and Trojan War, all the way through to projects and a review Jeopardy game.
1. Greek/Roman & Norse Mythological Gods Booklet- Greek, Roman, and Norse cultures have all had an enormous impact on our own culture. If your students in Sci-Fi, English, or History are learning about these cultures and their gods, this booklet is for you.
The booklet consists of 4 sections:
--Greek Gods (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hera, Aphrodite, Athena, Hermes, Hephaestus, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Demeter)
--Greek to Roman Conversion Chart
--Norse Gods (Odin, Thor, Loki, Freya, Freyr, Tyr, Heimdall, Skadi, Frigg, Balder, Hel)
--Norse to Greek Conversion Chart
Booklet is a Publisher file and is formatted, when printed two-sided, to be an 16 page booklet, 2 pages per side per sheet. Non-editable PDF version is also included for those who don't have Publisher.
2. Greek Gods of Mt. Olympus PowerPoint- The Gods of Ancient Greece are one of the most common allusions in literature. Every reader should be familiar with them.
This PowerPoint is in two parts:
--Part 1- Shows students pictures of each god with matching descriptions and their corresponding Roman names
--Part 1- Is a review, showing students pictures, descriptions and Roman names separately for students to call out answers, or write them down as a quiz
3. Greek Gods of Mt. Olympus Flashcards- The Gods of Ancient Greece are one of the most common allusions in literature. Every reader should be familiar with them. With these flashcards, students can keep track of and study the descriptions and Roman names of the major Greek Gods.
4. Greek Gods of Mt. Olympus Readings Worksheet & Quiz- The Gods of Ancient Greece are one of the most common allusions in literature. Every reader should be familiar with them. With this packet, students read about the Greek Gods using mythweb.com and take notes on a worksheet. A quiz using matching and pictures is also included.
5. Homer's The Odyssey Background Info PowerPoint- Homer's "The Odyssey" is an important piece of the literary canon and a work all high schoolers should read. This PowerPoint provides background information on Homer, The Golden Apple of Discord, the Trojan War, Epic poetry, epic similes and epithets.
6. Homer's The Odyssey Unit Plan & Docs- Homer's "The Odyssey" is an important piece of the literary canon and a work all high schoolers should read. This unit fully encompasses the entire work and includes reading questions, writing assignments and projects.
--Greek Gods notes
--Perseus legend reading questions
--Golden Apple Myth guided notes (see accompanying PowerPoint)
--Epic poetry guided notes
--1 pager (one page info sheet)
--Epithet name tags
--Telemachy drawing activity
--Telemachy letter writing assignment with rubric
--List of events (to help with map activity and keep track of events)
--Calypso reading questions
--PSA project and rubric
--Cyclops reading questions
--Cyclops characterization graphic organizer
--Cyclops letter writing assignment with rubric
--Circe guided reading questions
--Land of the Dead graphic organizer
--Sirens, Scylla & Charybdis, and Cattle of the Sun God reading questions
--Part II Dramatization project and rubric
--Epic Hero graphic organizer
--Journal writing assignment with rubric
--Website project with rubric
--Map project with rubric
--O Brother Where Art Thou? movie comparison sheet
7. Homer's The Odyssey Jeopardy Game- This PowerPoint presentation is an interactive game based off the TV show Jeopardy. It can be used as a review for a test on Homer's "The Odyssey." Categories include Golden Apple Myth, Epic poetry, Telemachy, Part I, Part II, and Vocabulary. Final Jeopardy and Double Jeopardy are included. PowerPoint can be edited to change categories and questions, even subject area. I've never tried before, but this game could possibly be used on a SmartBoard or Promethean Board. The length of the game depends on your class but usually takes approximately an hour. INCLUDES ANSWERS.
**As always, if you have any questions about this product, please feel free to contact me :)