Special Back-to-School pricing! Only $3 until the end of August.
This is the perfect homeschool planner for the family that follows a more relaxed style. Rather than scheduling every activity and lesson down to the minute for months ahead of time, this planner provides a clear, general structure to help guide you as you gather ideas and resources, make goals for each subject, sketch out what topics you want to cover within your overall framework each week, and -- most importantly! -- record in more detail the learning that actually took place, based on your plans and all the spontaneous learning moments that happen naturally in life. :)
Enjoy the freedom and joy that homeschooling provides, without losing sight of your goals or losing track of all the little learning moments! <3
This will work for multiple children of any age - you can print out one per child, or use one set for all your children (especially if you do a lot of unit studies and collaborative learning) -- or you can create one large planner with a separate set of pages for each child where a certain section works better for you to use individually.
This planner will help you pin down all your inspiration, goals, and learning objectives for each child for the entire year and turn them into flexible action plans that will give you a general structure for each week, so that you're not constantly going back to the drawing board trying to research activities every day.
The templates in the "year-at-a-glance" section will help you think concretely through what you want to accomplish in each subject through the year, then the following sections break that down into units of study (defined by a time frame that works for you), weekly goals, and records of real-time learning.
This planner will fit your needs perfectly if you want to homeschool your children based on their individual needs, interests, and learning styles rather than planning out a schedule based primarily on curriculum schedules and deadlines.
It provides flexibility at every level to plan in a way that works best for you and your family, while providing enough structured templates and fun record-keeping charts to help you not lose track of the big picture and the details of daily learning that do take place constantly.
With an eye towards simplicity and flexibility, this planner provides an organized way to keep track of goals, ideas, inspiration, unit studies, resource wish lists, contacts, craft ideas, adventures, to-do lists, and even menu planning.
It is broken into the following sections:
* Year-at-a-glance: an overview of goals and resources for each subject (comes with 14 suggested subject areas, plus blank pages in every relevant section for you to fill in your own subjects)
* A monthly calendar for keeping track appointments and important dates
* Weekly goals sheet to map out specific resources and learning objectives by subject & make plans to fit activities and projects into your chosen number of time slots per week (plus general to-do lists broken into common categories)
* Weekly Record Sheets to record what actually took place during the week in each subject category (lessons covered, books read, projects finished) based on the planned activities & any spontaneous learning activities that came up during the week. (Plus ... A blank record sheet that can be adapted to your own subject choices)
* Unit Study Planning Template
* Books, Websites, and Apps Lists with a set of mini journaling templates to create an annotated bibliography of the best books you read
* Resource Wish List
* Ideas Lists for hands-on activities and adventures
* Meal planning and grocery shopping lists
* Connections chart (to keep track of new friends and families)
* Attendance calendar (since some states require you to check off at least 180 days where you completed at least 4 hours of school work)
Each section contains a set of templates that you can print as many times as you would like to fit your needs. The complete pdf file is 45 pages long, but you can choose which parts work best for you. Some will be printed once a year, others per unit, and some sections are meant to be used on a weekly basis. All pages are designed to be as printer-friendly as possible; they can be printed in black-and-white without losing any quality (besides a bit of pretty!) and nothing is too graphics intensive.
I've created this to include everything I could possibly need to help me stay on top of things as a homeschooling mom, while giving myself the freedom to follow my children's interests and help them enjoy learning, working with their unique personalities and strengths. I hope that it helps you stay as organized as you would like to be while pursuing the love of learning with your own family!
This planner can be used year after year, but I will most likely update it again next year. You can check back anytime in your "my purchases" tab; if you see a newer version (even if the price is higher) you will have the option to download the updates for free.