Also included in
- Use these EDITABLE choice boards and NO PREP printables to get your homework practices on autopilot! This YEAR LONG BUNDLE gives you everything you need to create a choice-based homework system TODAY. Use the items as is, or make changes to suit the needs of your students, revising the choices on th$65.00$95.00Save $30.00
Short on time? Get your entire month of October homework differentiated in a snap using this editable homework choice board and NO PREP printables. The October third grade homework menu pack contains differentiated work that fosters choice and builds upon students' strengths. With an editable homework menu template & 35+ NO PREP printables, teachers can customize these flexible resources to use for monthly homework in October and beyond!
Included with this pack you will find:
- Homework Overview – In Katie’s Humble Opinion
- Homework Research – two links to articles that synthesize the research on homework
- FAQs about using homework menus in the classroom
- Getting Everything Ready
- Homework Menu Overview – handout for students and parents
- October Homework Menu PDF version
Four types of homework trackers for students, whether you want to assign homework daily or weekly.
- Homework bookmark (this is what I use for 99% of students)
- Homework tracker (this is the same as the bookmark, but is a whole page rather than a half page)
- Daily homework tracker (A whole page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
- Daily homework bookmark (A half page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
A variety of printables you can use in your classroom and as part of homework for the month of October and beyond:
- Letter writing paper (2 versions – Halloween characters & candy)
- Math Challenge: Haunted Mansion
- Math Challenge: Haunted Hotel
- Math Challenge: Candy Kids
- Math Brainteaser: Trick or Treat
- Math Brainteaser: BATS Logic Puzzle
- Math Brainteaser: ZOMBIE Logic Puzzle
- Reading Fact Sheet
- Research Contract
- Meaningful Connections
- Fix it Paragraph
- Three Dice Throw
- Roll and Write
- How Do We Resolve Conflicts?
- October Learning Style Activities
- Writing Prompt: October Memory (narrative)
- Writing Prompt: Halloween Celebration (opinion)
- Writing Prompt: Halloween Costume (opinion)
- Writing Prompt: Fall Recipe (informative/explanatory)
- Knowledge Bowl
- Picture Spelling Instructions & 2 blank pictures (mummy and pumpkin)
- Long a Spelling Sort
- Hoo am I #1 (Place value, adding multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Hoo am I #2 (Place value, adding multiple 2 and 3-digit numbers)
- Number Sense Review
- Expanded Form Review
- What’s Missing? #1 (Fill in missing numbers in hundreds chart)
- What’s Missing? #2 (Fill in missing numbers on in/out tables)
- Word Problem Review (Addition and subtraction word problems)
- Wild Self Avatar
- What Should my Teacher be for Halloween
- Home Reading Log with ideas for possible responses
- Interview Guide
- Exercise Log
Homework Links you can use to find additional (free) printables and online activities
These editable documents are also included in the product folder:
- Homework Menu Overview handout (in editable PowerPoint) for students and parents (This is great to have available for parents and students as a reminder throughout the year.)
- Homework Menu (in editable PowerPoint)
- Excel document to keep track of homework grading
When you download this product you will get a Zip folder with three documents:
1 PDF + 1 editable PowerPoint + 1 Excel spreadsheet
I hope you find these useful in your classroom! Please contact me with any questions or suggestions. I would love, love, love your feedback!
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you would like to save over 35% and TONS of time, buy in a BUNDLE! A YEAR of Third Grade Homework includes EVERY homework pack in the store PLUS EXTRAS not available in the regular packs.
Want to see more before purchasing? If so, check out my
If you like this product, you might also like my other monthly homework packs.
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!