PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If you teach preschool, transitional kindergarten (also known as TK or junior kindergarten), or kindergarten then this bilingual homework folder cover sheet might be for you!
I created these sheets as a custom request by my dear friends Linda Veik and Susan Lopez, both kindergarten teachers in Fontana, CA.
Special thanks to Yaileen Nieves for reaching out to me on Instagram and asking if I would translate this resource into Spanish. Absolutely! With teamwork from Yaileen, you will find the alphabet corresponds to words in Spanish. The letter Gg for instance shows a "gato" and the letter Vv shows a "vaca." Thank you, Yaileen! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
Please re-download. I have freshened up the fonts and clip art. There are now SEVERAL different options, including some with coin images for penny, nickel, dime, and quarter as well as math symbols for plus, minus, greater than, and less than.
Someone pointed out that one of the Spanish pages had the number words in English and another person pointed out that the word December was spelled incorrectly on some of the Spanish pages. Ack! Thank you to those ladies! Both issues have been corrected. Please re-download and use the updated sheets. Have a great year!! :D
Yikes! Special thanks to Vanessa for reaching out to me to correct the addition, subtraction, greater than, less than, and coin words on the Spanish versions of this Freebie. Please re-download! Thank you again! <3
* Several different options for use as a Homework Folder Cover Sheet.
** Option One: Has a school monster on it. The alphabet is slightly smaller on this version.
** Option Two: No school monster. The alphabet is slightly larger on this version.
*** Option Three: Cute kids (original simplified style)
What information is on the sheet?
* A primary dotted line for you to write your student's name
* Letters Aa-Zz with pictures and words for each, most are easy-to-read CVC words (exceptions are the vowels, which begin with a short vowel sound: ant, egg, ill, ox, up and also excluding Qq which shows a quilt and X which shows an x-ray).
* Months of the Year
* Days of the Week
* Numbers 1-20, shown with ten frames and with the word and number word
* Colors and Shapes - basic shapes are: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, hexagon, and oval. 3D solid shapes are: cube, cylinder, sphere, cone, and rectangular prism.
* Added 8-15-18 - coins: penny, nickel, dime, and quarter - each showing the coin name, heads/front, and back/tails image of each coin as well as the value or worth of each coin.
* Added 8-15-18 - math symbols or signs with a fun mustache theme: plus sign, minus sign, greater than, and less than.
How do I use these?
* Write student names on the lines,
* Paste onto the front cover of your folders using a glue stick,
* Laminate folders (Folders should be open when feeding through the laminitor),
* Use a razor blade to cut slits on the inside to make the pockets usable.
Note: You may also wish to paste other types of sheets on to the inside pockets and/or back cover before laminating. The ones pictured on the cover have a sight word list laminated on the back cover.
Don't want to mess with laminating? You may instead choose to buy pronged folders or binders and slip into a page protector. Or purchase folders with a clear pocket on the front and back and slip into the pocket.
Feedback and follows are GREATLY appreciated! This took about two hours to complete from start to finish and feedback and follows really make it worth my time so please take a moment if you would. I enjoy reading and replying to each piece of feedback I receive.
Have a GREAT school year and thank you!