Use this program to turn the not-so-thrilling act of turning in homework into a fun team challenge for your class(es). Bundle includes:
* 24 x 36" H.O.T. wall chart (printed 3 pages wide, 4 pages tall--cut, tape and laminate for repeated use year after year)
* Class "thermometers" (6 included) to print and shade in when a class has their homework turned in completely, and on-time (or with excused absence). You can mount these on top of the HOT poster or next to it--whatever you prefer.
* Month labels to add to the bottom of your chart, if you want make monthly goals for your class
* "Free Fire" passes (printed on standard return address labels) to give students a chance to flub on homework without effecting the chart.
* Individual-sized charts with "thermometer" if you'd prefer to have students fill up a chart as an individual (vs. class goal)
The charts are flexible and can be used how you'd like in your own class. Here is how I used them:
*Every time every student in the class had their homework completed (or an excused reason not to have it) one student would go to the chart and shade in a level on the thermometer. If someone's work was particularly impressive, I might even let them shade in an "extra!"
* Since I had 3 math rotations, I made it a competition between classes: the first class to fill up the chart got an extra-special treat (kickball during math class, etc) and the other classes would get something a little less exciting (popcorn, etc) when they filled up their chart
* I gave every student a "free fire" pass (printed on return-address sized labels, included) so they would have one chance to flub on homework without effecting the chart. You can always keep extra fire passes available for students who may need more than one chance. : )
This incentive really changed the tone of homework in my math classes. When students were working as a team to accomplish the goal, it made many reluctant students more interested in keeping up with homework. The closer they got to the "goal" the more excited they got about homework. (Strange, but true!)
Hope you enjoy this bundle (No firewood pun, intended!)
p.s. Since this is a large wallchart, file is set to print 3 pages by 4 pages. If you have only selected pages you want to print, you will have to specify them in your printer options.
p.p.s. Feedback is always appreciated. Thank you!
24 x 36 chart, 6 thermometers, month labels, "fire pass" labels, & student-sized personal charts