This FUN ELA Center Activity includes 20 three-part Homographs puzzles. (2 Sets of 10 - Color & B+W)
For each puzzle students match a word (a homograph) with 2 pictures that show the different meanings of the word.
Two (2) puzzles will print on one standard size paper.
All 20 puzzles come in color and black & white.
The puzzles could be printed on card stock or photo paper and laminated for long-lasting durability.
• Answer Key (2 pages with 10 words on each page)
• 2 Blank Puzzles (NOT editable) - could be used with a black sharpie marker or other writing instrument and illustrated using crayons, markers, etc.
• Poster (Color & B+W)
• Worksheets / Practice Pages
~ ~ ~ ~ 4 Open-Ended Puzzle templates – Homograph Fun (2, 4, 6, and 8 per page)
Students can make their own mini homograph puzzles using words of their own choice or words provided by their teacher and then illustrate the 2 different meanings. These completed worksheets would look great on a bulletin board! Another alternative is to place the puzzles in a folder or glue in a notebook.
~ ~ ~ ~ 1 Homograph Graphic Organizer: Students list 2 homographs, illustrate 2 meanings for each word, and write a sentence containing the homograph for each illustration.
~ ~ ~ ~ 4 Homograph Meanings Worksheets: Students write 2 meanings for each homograph.
• Interactive Flap Book Pages – 10 words on each page or 5 words on each page
~~~~students could draw 2 pictures showing 2 meanings for the word under the flap and / or write 2 different definitions and / or write 2 sentences using the word (1 for each meaning)
If you have any questions, please contact me here at TpT or at my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- -
To view more of my ELA Activities and Posters, please click on the link below.
ELA Activities and Posters