The 90 task cards
in this set build 5 different skills using the same vocabulary, making it easy to differentiate your instruction
and build deep knowledge of the words! The multiple meaning vocabulary words are: face, land, point, mold, block, calf, duck, jam, bank, and fall.
Work on critical thinking skills, listening, word associations, explaining and paraphrasing
while building vocabulary!
* a grayscale set for photocopying
* 40 task cards for inferring word meaning from sentence context
to fill in the blanks (Some idiomatic and lesser frequent meanings are also used.)
* 10 task cards to paraphrase multiple uses of the word in one sentence
for students to explain the sentence meaning
* 10 task cards with definitions
for students to identify the word
* 10 task cards to determine and explain the word that doesn't belong
in the set of four
* 10 task cards with absurdities
for students to explain why it is silly
* 10 task cards with clues for students to infer the word
* worksheets for writing sentences- can be used as pre/post test
* homework worksheets
* student response sheets for written work
* class recording sheets for keeping track of scores
Be sure to check the preview to see if this is right for you. Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help! Thanks for shopping with me! Linda @Looks-Like-Language
What are buyers saying?
On August 12, 2015, AnnMarie Small (TpT Seller) said:
Love it when I find a unique resource for multiple meaning words!
On October 4, 2016, Heather H. said:
These were fantastic with working with both grade school and middle school students!
You might also like:
Homonyms: Critical Thinking Task Cards for Multiple Meaning Vocabulary C