In our classroom we have a center that children review sight words. We have an activity that we use called "The Bang Box". For students that are ready for homophones we use these cards in the bang box game.
1. Students take turns grabbing one card out of the box each turn.
2. When the student pulls out a word card they must say the word and use the word in a sentence with the correct meaning.
3. If the student says and uses the word correctly then the student keeps the card. If they do notsay and use the word correctly then the word goes back in the box.
3. If a student pulls out a "BANG" card they must place all their cards back in the box.
4. The student with the most cards at the end of the game wins.