1. Give the children a homophone card each.
2. They have 5 minutes to find their "partner".
3. Use a dictionary to find the meaning of each of the words.
4. Work in pairs to write sentences using the words.
5. As a class, make a list of all the words. Put them in alphabetical order.
This resource forms part of a pack of "Now or Later" resources, designed for supply teachers and subs to use as stand-alone activities when no lesson plans have been left. They can also be used in the classroom to supplement writing, reading and maths activities or as warm-up activities. Please use them as you see fit, but please note that they are only for personal use and should not be copied widely or reproduced on the internet.
Copyright remains the property of SOS-Supply.
If you like what you see and would like to know more, please visit my blog at http://sos-supply.blogspot.com I would love to know what you think, so be sure to leave a comment, sign up as a follower or send me an email.
Please feel free to tell your colleagues about SOS-Supply.
Thank you and enjoy your resource!