HOMOPHONE MISTAKES THERE, THEIR AND THEY'RE
3 of the most commonly misused words in the English language - "there, their and they're".
These 3 homophones get mixed up all the time by our kids...and adults as well!
You receive 2 full worksheets of 20 sentences to practice and discuss "their" proper use.
Students will find helpful CONTEXT CLUES within each sentence to help them decide the correct spelling. Good opportunity for class discussion.
Some sentences have more than one blank in them.
See thumbnails for a clearer idea. Your download of 3 pages includes answers. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek
- ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU - CLICK ANY LINK:
- ITS IT’S YOUR YOU’RE HOMOPHONES
- More great practice with these 4 homophones. Sentences, context clues and blanks all waiting to be filled in! Can “your / you’re” students handle this? “It’s / Its” up to you!
- HOMOPHONES POWERPOINT LESSON
- Lessons on “its, it’s, your, you’re, they’re, their and there”. 48 questions in all on these common homophones on 46 slides. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. HOMOPHONES!
- FRACTIONS REVIEW AND REINFORCEMENT
- 10 FULL worksheets on various aspects of fractions to be used as great review or part of your unit. A LOT of good work here for your students. This link will describe all 10 pages in detail.
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!