Homophones! This is a set of 24 Homophones Trading Cards to help your students remember how to use and spell frequently confused words! When printed out double sided these homophones cards have the different spelling of the homophone on each side with a sentence and visual/clue to help remember it. I’ve found the visuals on these homophones cards are especially helpful for my ELL students. I’ve also included a more interactive blank set of cards with just the words on them so that students can draw their own visuals and use the homophone in their own sentences to help cement their learning.
This set of Homophone Trading Cards includes:
• 24 Homophone Trading Cards with the different spelling of the word on each side along with a sentence and visual/clue to help remember it.
• The same 24 Homophone Trading Cards that can be used as task cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and room to use the word in their own sentences.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more homophones to as they come across them in their discussions, experiences, or studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their Homophone Trading Cards in.
• An enlarged set of the homophone cards to post in your classroom on a bulletin board or word wall.
The 24 homophones covered in these cards are: affect/effect, than/then, which/witch, here/hear, are/our, buy/bye/by, accept/except, weather/whether, there/their/they’re, to/too/two, your/you’re, bare/bear, one/won, break/brake, compliment/complement, aloud/allowed, lie/lay, its/it’s, capital/capitol, principle/principal, eight/ate, die/dye, dear/deer, through/threw
Common Core Standards addressed in the activity:
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.4: Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 4 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.1.G: Correctly use frequently confused words (e.g., to, too, two; there, their).
Here are some similar products:
Homophones Trading Cards
Homophones Word Wall
ELA Mega Vocabulary Bundle
Check out my other ELA
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License