This homophone set includes activities to use with your students.
Included in the set:
• 2 Book cover options - classroom and individual books
• Rough draft worksheet
• 2 Final copy pages - with or without illustration area
• Class room posters/book pages (8 1/2 x 11)
- Homophone definition (could also be used as a interactive notebook page)
- Word breakdown
- Word collage
• Task card set
- 32 individual cards
- Includes answer key
• List of homophones
Ideas for the teacher:
• 2 Book cover options
- Class book cover “Our Class Homophone Book.” Each student is given two homophones from the provided list. He/she will look up the definition and write a sentence. There are 2 options for final copy pages, one includes an area for an illustration. Each finished page then can be compiled into a class book to display.
- Individual student book cover “My Homophone Book.” Each student would have the opportunity to add to their book daily, weekly, or throughout the school year.
• Task cards for centers, small groups, and whole classroom activities like the game of Scoot (For Scoot instructions see task card directions).
© Copyright 2015 Jill Semple
All rights reserved by author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Not for public display