Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This game is a blast! Students will know/no the difference between these homophones in know/no time! The objective of this game is to help students practice using listening skills while identifying the correct homophone.
Included in this zipped file of PDFs are three game boards, each contains 16 different homophones, totaling 48. Also included is a teacher guide with the directions and answer key. The guide is available in two formats based on your preference.
All you need to provide are the FLY SWATTERS!! Game on!
(I found some HUGE fly swatters at the dollar store were amazing. I recommend using some that have strong handles and keep a spare).
How to Play:
• Project the table of various homophones on a white wall or a white board. ***Do not project game board on to a projector screen. It may be damaged during play!!
• Divide class into two teams and line them up single file facing the wall with image on it. The first person in each line is given a fly swatter.
• The teacher reads a sentence containing a homophone.
• The students with the fly swatters quickly look at the terms displayed and decide on the correct word, immediately SWATTING it with their fly swatter.
• The team with their fly swatter on the bottom gets the point.
• Repeat through all sentences and all slides if desired.
• The team with the most points wins.
You Might Also Like:
⭐ Team Building Activity - Cup Stacking - Project Based Learning Object Lesson
If you like this resource, click on the green star next to the store logo at the top of the screen to become a follower. You will be notified about future discounts, freebies and new products via email.
Earn TPT credit for future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to login). Locate the "Provide Feedback" button located beside each purchase. Simply click to be directed to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use towards the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
© Dayley Supplements
Redistributing, editing, or selling this resource under a different name are strictly prohibited. If you would like to share this product with colleagues, please purchase the multiple user license.