Also included in
- This bundle offers your students the chance to practice important skills with the added benefit of movement. There is evidence that when students learn while moving they are better focused and better able to retain what they learn. Regularly scheduled movement should be a part of every day.Other Gre$36.00$51.75Save $15.75
This scavenger hunt practices knowing, choosing, and spelling the correct homophones.
*** A practice sheet that can be used for review, homework, or assessment has been added. ***
1. Print the Homophone Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Homophone Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place Homophone Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
Two Compare and Contrast matrix worksheets are included for additional reinforcement of usage.
*** I have added a small cover page to help you identify your cards sets when storing them.
Find more Scavenger Hunts here.
When you buy 5 scavenger hunts you may choose one of the following for FREE! Just leave your username and an email address under the "Ask a Question" tab.