Also included in
- Some words are just plain tricky! Because students frequently use the wrong word in their writing they need multiple opportunities for using these words before they are able to use them correctly. Each of the products in this bundle provides a complete lesson with multiple activities for using these$14.00$17.00Save $3.00
Do your students know how to correctly use “it’s” and “its” when they write? This product contains a lesson plan and 5 high-engagement activities to help your students learn the difference between “its” and “it’s” and when to use each one correctly. The extension activity will have your students watching for these words throughout the year!
Direct and Engaging INSTRUCTION:
1. Lesson plan ideas and teaching strategies
2. A teaching poster and response cards to involve every student during instruction
3. Sentences for your overhead / document camera to use while teaching the concept.
PRACTICE and ASSESS:
1. A sorting activity
2. Game: X marks the spot!
3. A Cut & Paste activity
4. The Legend of Captain Marvin: An original story for students to use the correct forms of “its” and “it’s.”
EXTENSION Activity and ongoing practice throughout the year:
"Look out for 'its' and 'it's' in your Library!" a poster for students to record the words (its & it's) when they spot it while reading their independent books.
Answer keys are provided for all the activities in this product.
Please download the preview to see details of all the activities.
Be sure to check out my other homophone activity: Hoppin' Homophones: To, Too, Two and There, Their, They're