Homophones Worksheets and Weekly Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Vocabulary is an essential part of reading comprehension, and it also happens to be something that students struggle with. If you are a 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade teacher looking for a super quick and easy way to help your students grow their vocabulary skills, check out the vocabulary routines includedPrice $24.95Original Price $38.50Save $13.55
I have always loved homophones, but have struggled to find enough time to thoroughly teach my students the meaning of common homophone pairs. With just a few minutes each day, this product introduces your students to set of homophones and allows them to interact with those words which will help them solidify the meaning of each word and ultimately build their vocabulary.
Teachers can display the homophone pair of the week on a PowerPoint presentation, or print off the homophone word cards to display in their classroom. Students will engage with the homophones of the week in the following ways:
- Monday - Students will read example sentences that contain the homophones of the week and predict what each word means.
- Tuesday - Students will focus on word 1 of the homophne pair. They will look up the definition and create a picture or symbol that will help them remember the meaning of the word.
- Wednesday - Students will focus on word 2 of the homophne pair. They will look up the definition and create a picture or symbol that will help them remember the meaning of the word.
- Thursday - Students will show their understanding of the definition and use word 1 in a sentence.
- Friday - Students will show their understanding of the definition and use word 2 in a sentence.
This product includes:
- 40 homophone set cards (black and white and color)
- Powerpoint presentation to display the words (includes black and white and color)
- Full page student recording sheet
- Half page student recording sheet and cover to turn into a homophone helper booklet
- Teacher Guide/Answer Key
How to use this product:
- This product works great as a warmup or part of your morning work routine.
- Send this home as part of studetns weekly homework packet.
- Place words in a vocabulary workstation
- Use as early finisher work
Love The Stellar Teacher Company? Check these out!
- Homophone Task Card Bundle
- Reading Response Activities
- Reading Skills and Strategies Graphic Organizers
- Reading Skills and Strategies Anchor Charts
- Reading Response Sticky Notes
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.