HOMOPHONES YOU'RE YOUR IT'S & ITS
These homophones are constantly being misused by our students (and adults as well).
These 2 printable worksheets will help students "see" when to use these words correctly. The context clues within each sentence will help them choose their answers - great chance for class discussion.
Page 1... is all on "its and it's" - students must choose the correct "its or it's" according to the context clues within each sentence;
Page 2... is all on "your and you're"; students must fill in the blanks with the correct spelling of "your or you're" again using context clues to help them; class discussion;;
Your download of 3 pages includes answers.
See thumbnails for a clearer idea. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek
(Homophones You're Your It's & Its)
- ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- HOMOPHONES THEY’RE, THEIR, THERE
- Great practice with these 3 homophones. Students must fill in blanks with the correct spellings using context clues. “There / their / they’re” is a lot of good work here.
- SENTENCE STRUCTURE MIXUPS!
- 2 FULL worksheets where students must “unscramble” mixed up sentences using context clues. Great Language Arts activity that goes beyond “just reading”. Will lend itself to class discussion.
- HOMOPHONES POWERPOINT LESSON
- Lessons on “its, it’s, your, you’re, they’re, their and there”. 48 questions in all on these common homophones on 46 slides. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. HOMOPHONES!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!