Like this? Why not try the EARTH DAY Escape? Escape rooms are a fun and engaging way to introduce or review with students about different topics. This sample escape room is a good way to see how escape rooms will work in your classrooms. Students read an informational paragraph, watch a video, solve a puzzle to find the clue for the escape room and play a 'just for fun' game for early finishers.
How does it work?
Students begin in an escape room and click START. They will see a presentation with instructions. They will be instructed to open the lock codes page and a notes page to keep track of the clue answers. A typical escape room has between 5-8 clues so it would be a great activity to use in teams. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this download
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a digital escape room
- A link to Help the Honey Bees Make it Home escape room.
- Answer Keys for the activity and lock code
- QR Codes (for accessing the site with mobile devices using a QR code reader app)
- Digital and printable recording sheet to keep track of clues
- Great for e-learning, just send the links through Google Classroom or another LMS or to parents' email and they're off to solve the mystery from home! Parents can download the PDF worksheet for students to take notes if desired.
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Please try this escape room on a student computer to make sure it will work with your class. You may need to check with your IT department about opening links for your students if there is a filter on it. You will need access to:
This fun and engaging digital escape room is NO PREP and completely PAPERLESS. Just share the link with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks, or mobile devices
- Access to Google Forms™
- Students will need free Google accounts to edit Google Slides™ (but a piece of paper and pencil will work just fine.)
Check out some of my other one-lock informational Mini-Escapes:
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Rosa Parks
- Frederick Douglass
- Harriet Tubman
- Chinese New Year
- Groundhog Day
- Ruby Bridges
- Point of View with Fairy Tales
- History of Earth Day
- April Fool's Day
- Math Battle 3rd Grade - 4th Grade - 5th Grade
- Find the Imposter 2nd Grade - 3rd Grade - 4th Grade - 5th Grade
And, if you would like to try one of my larger Escapes:
- St. Patrick's Day-Grammar Review
- Immigration at Ellis Island
- Holidays Around the World
- Back to School
- Black History-Civil Rights Leaders
- Earth Day
- The Oregon Trail
- Field Day-Grammar Review
- Edward Tulane
- Honey Bees FREE
- Stan the Snowman-Winter Fun Puzzles
Please note: I am in the process of updating some of the escape rooms for a more seamless escape room experience!
Thanks for stopping by!