I have always loved honeybees despite the fact that they can be painful to humans! The wonderful thing about bees is the fact that so many plants are dependent upon them for pollination. The interdependence of plants and animals within our environment is a crucial part of most science curricula.
This packet is specifically designed for little learners. The words on the student version of the book are difficult for kindergarten students to read. But despite this fact, after they have created the illustrations for each page, they will be able to take their book home and TELL the story of bees to their families. First grade students should be able to decode most words.
1. A full color original book with realistic photographs.
2. A student made booklet with ideas for how students can illustrate their pages
3. Beekeeper and head template to use to create the cover page
4. Blackline coloring book option for creation of the student made booklet
5. Directions for how to create an optional 3D bee from Styrofoam balls
I have included interesting facts about bees that can be used when each page is taught.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE THE COMPONENTS INCLUDED IN THIS PACKET.