Interesting leads are a great way for students to grab a reader's attention. Good writers make use of strong leads to add interest to their writing. Students who know how to engage their audience often find it easier to organize their writing and add better details. Get your students hooked on better writing habits.
Included in this resource:
• A handy anchor chart
• 3 sheets of examples and student practice (10 total types of leads)
• 3 sheets of "Collection Jars" for reading connection and interactive writer's notebooks.
How to use this resource:
• Use it to support a writing mini-lesson
• Use it as an on-going anchor chart for daily writing
• Use it in a writing center
If you like this resource, you might also like these.Transition Words For WritingIdentify Sentences, Fragments, and Run-Ons