Using movie clips to Hook students into your content is an exciting way to get students motivated! Making analogies with contemporary movies is also a very high level of critical thinking. This download comes with 8 movie clip based hooks that you can edit to fit your class needs. Each page is broken down into easy to understand sections. The video links comes with start and stop times (If needed) Students participate in a writing piece that comes with each page. (The sample or preview page demonstrates how each of these is created.
The movie clips Analogies are on these historical topics:
1. Pilgrims and the Chicken Run Movie
2. The American Identity- Bourne Identity Movie and Confessions of a Shopaholic
3. Brave and Mommy England
4. Avatar- FOUR different historical connections (Students choose)
5. Rango and Manifest Destiny
6. American Revolution- The Patriot
7. War of 1812 and Forest Gunp
8. A movie processing worksheet
9. Louisiana purchase and Karate Kid --Catching a Fly or Catching louisiana (NEW)
Follow me to find out about more updates. I will be adding more historical topics soon.
Thanks in advance for giving this a rating on my page :)