Word Study Everyday! Are you tired of creating spelling lists or searching for words when studying different phonics patterns? Are you using your valuable time locating clip art and creating activities to support your word study program? Do you need to teach the Common Core Standards? Then this resource is for you!
You will find everything you need for an entire year at your fingertips! This resource is designed to provide ongoing word study (and spelling) instruction throughout the school year. The sequence of lessons is based on recommendations made in Words Their Way written by Donald R. Bear, Marcia Invernizzi, Shane Templeton, and Francine Johnston. Which lesson you begin with and the length of study for each pattern must be determined by your students’ needs. Spelling inventories for initial assessment can be found in Words Their Way. I have found this book to be an extremely valuable resource.
The following resources are included within this packet:
• Common Core Standards
• Teacher Notebook Dividers
• 39 word pattern lessons for Letter Name/Alphabetic and Within Word pattern learners
• 39 word sort printables
• 39 Write the Room printables
• 39 assessments (spelling tests) including dictation sentences
• Parent information sheets for each spelling pattern
• A bank of words for each spelling pattern
• A bank of activities for each spelling pattern
• A list of letter tiles needed for each spelling pattern
• Letter tile printable masters (teacher and student sets) and suggestions for use
Picture sorts for short vowels, long vowels and some digraphs
• Printable assessment sheet
Lessons covered begin with short "a" in CVC words and progress through r-controlled vowels. I will be adding more lessons to the pack that go beyond r-controlled vowels. In addition I hope to add Letter Name lessons.
Common Core Standards:
ELACC1RF3: Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
ELACC1L2: Demonstrate command of the conventions of Standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
*Be sure to check out the preview to see what is included in each of the 39 lessons! I will also be continually adding to this product. As a purchaser you receive all additional items added to the product at no additional cost to you. Just check under "My Purchases" and if you see the following flashing message "Newly revised re-download", then you know new materials have been added.
Thanks so much for visiting Fun Times in First!