This is a bundle of comprehension units for the Horrible Harry series. These packets are perfect for small group guided reading, but have also been used in a whole group setting for a read aloud or as packets for independent students to work on at their own pace.
It is a GROWING bundle. Books included are:
Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (6/04)
Horrible Harry and the Stolen Cookie (5/26)
Horrible Harry in Room 2B
Horrible Harry Goes to the Moon
Horrible Harry and the Dragon War
Horrible Harry and the Christmas Surprise
NO PREP, low prep, and minor center prep options are included. Suggested use pages to guide your instruction are also included at the beginning of each category.
1. Packet Cover
2. Vocabulary Suggested Use Ideas
3. Vocabulary Center Cards
4. Print and Go Vocabulary Recording Pages (1 for each chapter)
5. Printable book-specific Mini-Dictionary Booklet
6. Print and Go Vocabulary Recording Page (Single page for the whole book)
7. Choice Menu/Board for word work to be used with the vocabulary
8. Discussion Question (with answers) Guide
9. Comprehension Question Suggested Use Ideas
10. Comprehension Question Pages (1 dedicated page for each chapter)
11. Cumulative Book Review Question Page and Extended Response Pages
12. Differentiated Comprehension Question Pages (1 for every 2 chapters)
13. Differentiated Sequencing Pages
14. Character Analysis Pages (Book Specific when applicable-as Horrible Harry is already listed in the BONUS packet also included with this unit)
15. Printable Summary Mini-Booklet
16. Answer Keys
17. Roll and Color Page *Some units have EXTRA "fun" pages like this.
The unit is structured around comprehension questions, vocabulary materials, and extension activities for the Horrible Harry book by Suzy Kline! There is a differentiated option available for each chapter review page as well as for many of the other materials. Answer keys are included at the end of the packet for your printing convenience.
BONUS: It also contains my Character and Story Analysis for ANY Horrible Harry book. These are generic character study and analysis pages, comparison activities, and universal chapter questions. Please make sure you print out both the bonus packet and the titled unit you are purchasing for the full range of activities. Items from both packets are shown in the preview images.
I truly love reading and watching new chapter book readers first learn how to explore this new literary world. If you have any questions, comments, or even suggestions, please let me know. Your ideas are most welcome! I'll be dusting my pages until then at firstname.lastname@example.org.