So, who thinks that a brand new school year will inspire Horrible Harry to be a little less horrible? No one? We don’t think so either! :)
While Suzy Kline serves up the laughs with another installment of the Horrible Harry
series, we serve up thorough and engaging reading comprehension. Take a peek at the preview file, then read below to see how we break down these awesome plans!
Here's what we provide for each chapter:
* An "I Can" statement that gives an overall learning objective that clearly states what each child should be able to do upon completion of the chapter.
* Pre-selected vocabulary words, definitions, example sentences, and a place for your students to demonstrate their mastery of the words by writing their own sentences.
* A mini-lesson that introduces or reviews a specific reading skill.
* Reading skill practice examples for the following skills:
- Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Cause and Effect
- Referencing the Text
- Analyzing Characters
* Activities that the students complete to practice the reading skills, including graphic organizers, fill-in-the-blank activities, and crossword puzzles
* A literacy skill practice assignment that students can complete individually, in pairs or small groups, or with the teacher. Literacy skills for Horrible Harry Moves Up to Third Grade
- Concrete Nouns
- Abstract Nouns
* Two writing challenge sections.
Writing Challenge A:
- General writing challenges which invite students to participate with the characters and plot by drawing parallels to their own experiences. (Think: text-to-self, text-to-text, or text-to-world.)
Writing Challenge B (presented in two alternating formats)
- Visualization writing challenges which invite students to describe sights, sounds, smells and feelings by extrapolating details from the setting and putting themselves inside the world of the story.
- Figurative language writing challenges which introduce and review similes and onomatopoeia. Students will then complete sentence prompts or craft their own sentences from scratch to practice using these forms of figurative language.
* Super-cute original clip art illustrations
* A vocabulary review section that will spiral back through the selected vocabulary of previous chapters.
* Vocabulary review quizzes that assess students’ mastery of selected vocabulary (chapters 1-3; 4-6)
We wrap up the packet with the following:
* Test Prep practice examples to walk students through problem solving strategies.
* A 12-question multiple-choice assessment that prepares students for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests.
* A Glossary of vocabulary words, including definitions and example sentences
* Answer Keys.
* Horrible Harry Moves Up to Third Grade book set.
* Your own special Teacher Swag!
* Print in color to enhance the super-cuteness of the clip art illustrations
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Want more of Horrible Harry’s wacky antics? Look no further!
Check out our other Guided Reading Plans for some of Suzy Kline’s other hilarious novels:
* Horrible Harry in Room 2B
* Horrible Harry and the Green Slime
Following, Rating and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.