Look, we know you're busy with all the myriad tasks we teachers have on our plates. Couldn't you use a ready-made, thorough and engaging guided reading packet to use with your reading warriors? 'Course you could!
So, if you've already checked out our Horrible Harry in Room 2B
packet, you'll love these Common Core aligned guided reading plans created for the next book in Suzy Kline's awesome series, Horrible Harry and the Green Slime!
Here's what we provide for each chapter:
* An "I Can" statement that gives an overall learning objective that clearly states what each child should be able to do upon completion of the chapter.
* Pre-selected vocabulary words, definitions, example sentences, and a place for your students to practice using these words.
* A mini-lesson that introduces a specific reading skill.
* Reading skill practice examples for the following skills:
- Cause and Effect
- Sequential Order
- Referencing the Text
- Fact and Opinion
- True/False Statements
* Activities that the students complete to practice the reading skills.
* A literacy skill practice assignment that students can complete individually, in pairs or small groups, or with the teacher.
* A writing challenge section that invites students to participate with the characters and plot by drawing parallels to their own experiences. (Think: text-to-self, text-to-text, or text-to-world.)
* A 10-question multiple-choice assessment that prepares students for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests.
* 6 super-cute original clip art illustrations
* Answer Keys.
* Horrible Harry and the Green Slime book set.
* Your own special Teacher Swag!
* Print in color to enhance the super-cuteness of the clip art illustrations
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
"How can I...?"
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.