This 90+ page packet is perfect for small group guided reading, but it has also been used in a whole group setting for a read aloud or as a packet for independent students to work on at their own pace.
NO PREP, low prep, and minor center prep options are included. Suggested use pages to guide your instruction are also included at the beginning of each category.
There is a growing bundle of Horrible Harry books listed here.
1. Black and White Packet Cover
2. Vocabulary Suggested Use Ideas
3. Blackline Vocabulary Center Cards
4. Print and Go Vocabulary Recording Pages (1 for each chapter)
5. Printable book-specific Mini-Dictionary Booklet
6. Print and Go Vocabulary Recording Page (Single page for the whole book)
7. Choice Menu/Board for word work to be used with the vocabulary
8. Comprehension Question Suggested Use Ideas
9. Comprehension Question Pages (1 for each chapter)
10. Cumulative Book Review Question Page
11. Differentiated Comprehension Question Pages (1 for every 2 chapters)
12. Differentiated Sequencing Pages
13. Character and Story Analysis Pages/Graphic Organizers (Located in the BONUS Packet included in the .zip file)
14. Printable Summary Mini-Booklet
15. Answer Keys
16. "Fun" Extra Pages for early finishers or whatnot (word searches, roll and color, coloring pages, etc.)
The unit is structured around comprehension questions, vocabulary materials, and extension activities for Horrible Harry! There is a differentiated option available for each chapter review page as well as for many of the other materials. Answer keys are included at the end of the packet for your printing convenience.
BONUS: It also contains my Character and Story Analysis for ANY Horrible Harry book. These are generic character study and analysis pages, comparison activities, and universal chapter questions. Please make sure you print out both the bonus packet and the titled unit you are purchasing for the full range of Horrible Harry. activities. Items from both packets are shown in the preview images.
I truly love reading and watching new chapter book readers first learn how to explore this new literary world. If you have any questions, comments, or even suggestions, please let me know. Your ideas are most welcome! I'll be dusting my pages until then at email@example.com.