Look, we know you're busy: planning lessons, grading papers, filing paperwork, and all the other myriad tasks we teachers have to tackle (all while trying to squeeze in a personal life.) Let us carry some of the weight with a thorough, engaging, fun and Common Core aligned Guided Reading packet. It was created for use with Horrible Harry in Room 2B by Suzy Kline.
Here's what we provide for each chapter:
* An "I Can
" statement that gives an overall learning objective that clearly states what each child should be able to do upon completion of the chapter.
* Pre-selected vocabulary words, definitions, example sentences, and a place for your students to practice using these words.
* A mini-lesson that introduces a specific reading skill.
* A reading skill practice example with either examples from the story, or original passages designed specifically for this story.
Reading Skills Included:
- Sequential Order
- Referencing the Text
- True/False Statements
- Cause and Effect
- Fact and Opinion
* Activities that the students complete to practice the reading skill.
* A literacy skill practice assignment that students can complete individually, in pairs or small groups, or with the teacher.
* A writing challenge section that invites students to participate with the characters and plot by drawing parallels to their own experiences. (Think: text-to-self, text-to-text, or text-to-world.)
* A 10-question multiple-choice assessment that prepares students for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests.
* 10 super-cute original clip art illustrations; 1 of which your students can color!
* Answer Keys.
* Horrible Harry in Room 2B book set.
* Your own special Teacher Swag!
* Check out our guided reading plans for Horrible Harry and the Green Slime
to follow more of Harry's wacky adventures!
* Print in color to enhance the super-cuteness of the clip art illustrations
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Following, Rating and Earning Credits
to follow 88Brains!
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.