Horrible Harry is at it again - being "Horrible"! This is a great short chapter book, especially for reluctant boy readers. This Journal includes multiple graphic organizers that support key reading and writing strategies. Included are:
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
-Questions/Answers while reading graphic organizer
-Specific comprehension questions-4/5 per chapter
- Sketch important story events.
After Reading Activities:
- Character Personal Traits analysis
- Compare and contrast characters-graphic organizer
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to characters
- Reader's response writing - Opinion Please! Writing with text support.
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards
- Important Noun search
- Adjective hunt!
-Main Idea-graphic organizer
-Beginning, Middle, End graphic organizer
-Setting, Problem, Solution graphic organizer
Can be used in whole, small group and individual settings. Can be used as individual pages or as a packet.