Prepare your students for the literary analysis portion of standardized tests with 13 rigorous literary analysis writing prompts connected to the following Horror & Suspense tales:
* The Tell-Tale Heart - Edgar Allan Poe
* The Black Cat - Edgar Allan Poe
* The Fall of the House of Usher - Edgar Allan Poe
* The Raven - Edgar Allan Poe
* The Masque of the Red Death - Edgar Allan Poe
* The Landlady - Roald Dahl
* The Monkey's Paw - W.W. Jacobs
2 prompts for each story. All prompts are labeled with common core standards in student-friendly terminology. Virtually all standards covered in this set.
Some prompts are guided practice, some are independent, some are in between, all are rigorous!
Worksheets are designed to align with the TEPAC model (Topic...Evidence...Paraphrase...Analyze...Conclude/Connect), which is a perfect framework for responding to literary analysis questions. Rubric and Sentence Starter Chart included in package.