• Test on Edgar Allan Poe stories: “The Tell-Tale Heart”; “The
Fall of the House of Usher”; “The Black Cat”; and “The
I have included two versions of this test.
• 10 page test includes 53 multiple choice & 3 constructed
response options + student answer sheets. All questions are
Common Core aligned with plenty of textual evidence.
Constructed response includes a rubric to help students
succeed and teachers to seamlessly and objectively score
literary analysis. (multiple choice answer key included).
• The additional version eliminates “The Fall of the House of
Usher”. This is a 9 page test which includes 45 multiple choice
questions (some of which are not included in the original test)
& 3 constructed response options.
BOTH TESTS ARE DESIGNED SO THAT THEY CAN BE GIVEN AS A CUMULATIVE ASSESSMENT (suggested) OR INDIVIDUAL QUIZZES
• Test on “The Landlady,” “The Monkey’s Paw,” and a cold read.
8 page test includes 32 multiple choice & 1 constructed
response + student answer sheet. All questions are Common
Core aligned with plenty of textual evidence.
TESTS IS DESIGNED SO IT CAN BE GIVEN AS A CUMULATIVE ASSESSMENT (suggested) OR INDIVIDUAL QUIZZES
• Creative project with rubric. For this project, students write an
illustrate a graphic novel version of the stories covered in this
unit: “The Tell-Tale Heart”; “The Fall of the House of Usher”;
“The Black Cat”; “The Raven”; “The Landlady”; and “The
Monkey’s Paw”. Project includes student template, directions,