PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
✮ Check out the preview ✮
Teach your students about HORSE RACING with this engaging pack containing 30 pages of speech and language activities. The activities span a range of abilities, from Kindergarten to middle school. The following activities are included:
● 3 pages of informational text for middle/high school students about horse racing and the Kentucky Derby
● 2 pages of comprehension questions regarding the middle/high school readings
● 1 page of main/idea supporting details graphic organizer for the middle/high school reading
● 2 pages of informational text for elementary school students about horse racing and the Kentucky Derby
● 2 pages of comprehension activities regarding the elementary school readings
● 1 page comparing and contrasting various types of horse racing
● 1 page of plural nouns practice
● 1 page of subject pronouns practice
● 1 page of possessive pronoun practice
● 1 page of future tense verb practice
● 1 page of preset tense verb practice
● 1 page of past tense verb practice
● 1 page of comparative and superlative practice
● 2 pages of synonym and antonym practice
● 1 page of coordinating conjunctions practice
● 4 pages of object description practice
● 2 pages of following directions practice (simple and complex)
● 2 pages of vocabulary and articulation practice with word lists for /r, l, s, z, f, v/
● 1 page of an open-ended horse-related board game
✮Each page also comes in black and white for easy printing!
Grab this resource and use it for most (if not all!) of your students during the season of horse racing (May and June). Your students will love learning about this current event!
All activities can be completed without printing (on an iPad,computer, or teletherapy platform), or they can be printed for an easy, no-prep day of therapy.
For more themed speech and language resources, check out:
▧ Let's Connect! ▨