Horton Hears 5 Senses Writing Prompt Craft & Activities Packet
Since Seuss’s Horton HEARS a Who, I thought that story would be a fun segue into the 5 senses.
- "Great way to combine science and ELA, great for reading and understanding, as well as the 5 senses."
- "Fun resource!" “Very helpful to accompany my 5 senses unit!”
- "Excellent resource.” “Fun activities. Very informative."
* A writing prompt craftivity
* Alliteration and tongue twister definition posters
* A class mini book: “Horton Hears A Who. How About You?”
* “We spy an elephant’s eye and these Ee words:” posters, with matching worksheet
* Horton’s senses whole group activity, with matching individual worksheet
* Label the elephant poster, with matching worksheets
* 5 photo-posters of elephants, featuring one of the 5 senses
* “My favorite sense” writing prompt with a “What’s Your Favorite Sense?” graphing extension
* “If I had to give up one of my senses it would be . . .” writing prompt with graphing extension plus a ...
* “Where might an elephant walk?” photo-poster, with matching writing prompt.
This packet matches the ”Hangin’ Out With Horton” 5 Senses Emergent Reader.
- "Pictures looked great on my focus wall. The kids were engaged with the information."
- "Students loved writing on the elephant writing paper and enjoyed the information about elephants."
- I loved this resource because it shows the real photo images of the elephant. The concepts taught are invaluable and such fun. The drawing is also just sweet!
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy reviewing the 5 senses with an elephant.
For more Seuss Themed Activities, click on the link.
For more 5 Senses Activities, click on the link.
Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Monthly Giveaways.
Check out my educational Pinterest boards.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.