Since Seuss’s Horton HEARS a Who, I thought that story would be a fun segue into the 5 senses.
With that in mind I designed this interesting packet which includes . . .
* A writing prompt craftivity
* Alliteration and tongue twister definition posters
* A class mini book: “Horton Hears A Who. How About You?”
* “We spy an elephant’s eye and these Ee words:” posters, with matching worksheet
* Horton’s senses whole group activity, with matching individual worksheet
* Label the elephant poster, with matching worksheets
* 5 photo-posters of elephants, featuring one of the 5 senses
* “My favorite sense” writing prompt with a “What’s Your Favorite Sense?” graphing extension
* “If I had to give up one of my senses it would be . . .” writing prompt with graphing extension plus a ...
* “Where might an elephant walk?” photo-poster, with matching writing prompt.
This packet matches the ”Hangin’ Out With Horton” 5 Senses Emergent Reader.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy reviewing the 5 senses with an elephant.