Students will create a hot air balloon resist painting incorporating the elements of art, including line, shape and color.
In this lesson, each student will:
• Learn the history behind the hot air balloon.
• Use the elements of art (line, shape and color) to create their hot air balloon.
• Create a hot air balloon using black Elmer’s glue, watercolor paint and pencils.
• View and discuss images of hot air balloons rand discuss line, shape, color, and pattern.
• Respond to and analyze the work of their peers and discuss connections to their own work.